Monday, December 15, 2008

An Experience on Time Management

Yesterday was definitely one toxic day. It's the first examination day for the third quarter here in the school where I work. Since I am a homeroom adviser, I have to make sure that my advisees have completed accomplishing their clearances. All the while I thought they have already fully accomplished them but to my dismay I still have to make eight students rush through the signatories that were lacking. What a stress. When I thought that it doesn't have to be attended anymore since it was already taken cared of the other week. I have to finish the consolidation of character ratings, submit the quiz notebooks for the subjects I teach, hold a remedial class for the students, go to a tailor to make size adjustments on the costume made for the cultural show and do rehearsals for another Christmas variety show in UIC (waaaahhhhhh). The nerves really got into me yesterday.

I was able to come home by 10:30 PM already. I intended to attend the misa de gallo today but to no luck, I did not manage to get up by 3:30 AM.

As I try to look back on the events that have transpired, I have come to realize that what just happened was a test of managing a very important human resource, TIME. While we think that 24 hours was a lot of time, it was one instance that I felt it was not enough.

Another day shall pass, duties and obligations have to be complied. May God bless us all.

No comments:

Post a Comment